THE MASTER BOOKS METHOD
A SMARTER WAY TO HOMESCHOOL
Gospel Infused – Where Faith Grows
Since 1975, the mission statement of Master Books has been “Ink on Paper to Touch Eternity.” We publish homeschool curriculum that will grow a student’s faith in their Creator and His Word in a way that will have a lasting and eternal impact. We know that when we place a Master Books title into someone’s hands, their faith in God and His Word is going to grow.
We ensure that a biblical worldview is integral to all our curriculum. Our courses start with the Bible as our standard and are infused with the fact that all things were created and are sustained by the eternal, triune God of the Bible. When we start with the Bible…God’s revealed Word to man…as our source of truth, it helps make sense out of every topic we study, including math, language arts, history, and science.
With a proper biblical framework for learning, students understand that we live in world that was once good but has been corrupted by man’s sin. It is sin that affects the heart of men and women and has separated us from a Holy God, but He has provided a way for us to restore the relationship that was lost. It is only through believing and confessing our faith in His son, Jesus that we have a right relationship with Creator God and eternal life.
Master Books is more than a Christian “friendly” homeschool curriculum with an occasional bible verse or story scattered here and there. Biblical apologetics are embedded into each course, helping students learn to apply and defend the truths they are learning about.
Educational Style - Eclectic
The best way to describe the Master Books style of homeschooling is eclectic. By definition, eclectic is to derive ideas, styles, methods, philosophies from a variety of sources. Our curriculum development team has over 25+ years of homeschooling experience. They have worked with gifted to special needs students, implemented top selling homeschool solutions, and employed of number of cutting-edge teaching methods and philosophies of learning. Using that wealth of experience, we take the “best of” ideas to create an effective, individualized learning experience for students based on their strengths, readiness, and interests.
You may see parts of our style that follow a traditional approach, the living stories and shorter lessons similar to a Charlotte Mason approach, or a child-centered, hands-on approach like the Montessori method. Our focus is on developing solutions that are neurodevelopmentally appropriate and use recognized cognitive learning practices to get the best results in a real-world environment.
Administrative Framework – Open-and-Go
We design our curriculum so you can open the box and immediately start homeschooling. Each course features a simple-to-use daily schedule based on a 180-day school year and pre-planned lessons that make education easier for busy homeschooling families. Our teacher guides are perforated and three-hole punched so activities can be left in the book or torn out and put into a system that fits your administrative style.
We create our material to be flexible so it can be readily adaptable to any homeschool program. We know one size does not fit all and that homeschooling requires materials that can be customized to your family’s wants and needs. The ease of implementation is a gamechanger for many homeschool families using Master Books Curriculum.
Master Books Statement of Faith
- The 66 books of the Bible are the written Word of God. The Bible is divinely inspired and inerrant throughout. Its assertions are factually true in all the original autographs. It is the supreme authority in everything it teaches. Its authority is not limited to spiritual, religious, or redemptive themes but includes its assertions in such fields as history and science.
- The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself.
- The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and history of life, mankind, the earth, and the universe.
- The various original life forms (kinds), including mankind, were made by direct creative acts of God. The living descendants of any of the original kinds (apart from man) may represent more than one species today, reflecting the genetic potential within the original kind. Only limited biological changes (including mutational deterioration) have occurred naturally within each kind since creation.
- The great Flood of Genesis was an actual historic event, worldwide (global) in its extent and effect.
- The special creation of Adam (the first man) and Eve (the first woman), and their subsequent fall into sin, is the basis for the necessity of salvation for mankind.
- Death (both physical and spiritual) and bloodshed entered into this world subsequent to and as a direct consequence of man’s sin.
- The Godhead is triune: one God, three Persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- All mankind are sinners, inherently from Adam and individually (by choice), and are therefore subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Freedom from the penalty and power of sin is available to man only through the sacrificial death and shed blood of Jesus Christ and His complete and bodily resurrection from the dead.
- The Holy Spirit enables the sinner to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives and works in each believer to produce the fruits of righteousness.
- Salvation is a gift received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individual’s repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and acceptance of the risen Christ as Savior, Lord, and God.
- All things necessary for our salvation are expressly set down in Scripture.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father, and shall return in person to this earth as Judge of the living and the dead.
- Satan is the personal spiritual adversary of both God and mankind.
- Those who do not believe in Christ are subject to everlasting conscious punishment, but believers enjoy eternal life with God.
- God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, the channel of sexual expression according to biblical standards, and the means for procreation of the human race. The husband and wife are of equal worth before God, since both are created in God’s image. The marriage relationship models the way God relates to His people. A husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church. He has the God-given responsibility to provide for, to protect, and to lead his family. A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ. She, being in the image of God as is her husband and thus equal to him, has the God-given responsibility to respect her husband and to serve as his helper in managing the household and nurturing the next generation.
- It is the duty of Christians to regularly attend a local Bible-believing church, as portrayed in the New Testament.
- All human life is sacred and begins at conception (defined as the moment of fertilization). The unborn child is a living human being, created in the image of God, and must be respected and protected both before and after birth. The abortion of an unborn child or the active taking of human life through euthanasia constitutes a violation of the sanctity of human life and is a crime against God and man