American History (Revised Edition)
For Grade Level 9-12
Student book to our high school American History Set. Survey the history of America from native peoples, European settlements, nation-building, and expansion through the modern age. Actively build your student’s strong biblical worldview, learning the political and faith perspectives that have impacted its history and cultural changes over time.
A rigorous, classical approach to history with an emphasis on analysis!
Designed for students to practice and develop their independent learning. Students will journey on a trip across America as they survey the history of America from native peoples, European settlements, nation-building, and expansion through the modern age in James Stobaugh's American History Set.
In American History, your student will develop an understanding of American history trends, philosophies, and events through the use of:
- Critical thinking questions based roughly on Bloom's Taxonomy
- Examinations of historical theories surrounding a period or topic
- Clarified terms, concepts, and theories to be learned
- History makers who clearly changed the course of history
- Overviews and insights into world views
American History Student Book:
Historical content covered in this volume includes the study of the Natives of the New World, Pilgrims and Puritans, Colonial Life, Causes of the American Revolution, U.S. Constitution, Age of Reform, Antebellum Slavery, Revivalism, the American Civil War, Reconstruction, Immigration, the Wild West, the World Wars, the Vietnam War, African American History, and the War on Terrorism.
- Approximately 20-30 minutes per lesson, 5 days per week
- Designed for grades 9-12 in a one-year history course
- Can be combined with Stobaugh's literature curriculum for an integrated history/literature course
|Weight (in lbs)||3.10|
|Title||American History (Revised Edition)|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|