America's Story Vol. 1
America’s Story 1 brings American history alive through a Charlotte Mason approach as it teaches upper elementary students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the Unites States of America. O’Dell’s lively storytelling brings the settings and characters to life in the America’s Story 1 Student Book through beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, & cultural connections.
A Charlotte Mason Inspired Journey Through American History!
History comes alive in the stories and adventures of explorers and pioneers who saw in America the chance to live a dream—to freely worship God, to have a chance to own land, and search for wealth and opportunities.
In America’s Story 1, your student will:
- Learn about those who lived & thrived in the Americas first
- Meet the Christian Viking who accidentally discovered America around 1000 A.D.
- Become acquainted with the many explorers and their amazing tales of the Americas
- Discover how simple words were used to powerfully shape the course of history
- Follow along through the Revolutionary War and watch as the Constitution of the United States of America is drafted
- Tell of the triumphs, hardships, mistakes, and victories that together formed the nation we now know
- and so much more!
Exciting, Interactive Stories
O’Dell’s lively storytelling style ensures history comes alive in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible characters who shaped American history.
America’s Story 1 Student Features:
- Full-color student textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Who Lived Here First?
- Chapter 2: Leif Ericson, the Christian Viking
- Chapter 3: Christopher Columbus and Other European Explorers
- Chapter 4: Settlements, Mosquitoes, and an Indian Princess
- Chapter 5: Pilgrimage to Freedom
- Chapter 6: Squanto the Friendly Indian and the First Thanksgiving
- Chapter 7: Life in the Colonies
- Chapter 8: William Penn, a Man of Peace
- Chapter 9: William Wilberforce, Abolitionist Hero
- Chapter 10: Young George Washington and the Horrible War
- Chapter 11: Winds of Change in the English Colonies
- Chapter 12: The Power of Words.
- Chapter 13: The British Are Coming!
- Chapter 14: Stories of the American Revolution
- Chapter 15: More Stories of the Revolution
- Chapter 16: 13 Colonies Become One Nation
- Chapter 17: First in the Hearts of His Countryman
- Chapter 18: Looking West
- Chapter 19: The Louisiana Purchase, What a Deal!
- Chapter 20: The Adventures of Lewis and Clark
- Chapter 21: The Strange War of 1812
- Chapter 22: The Industrial Revolution Changes the World
- Chapter 23: Paths of Change
- Chapter 24: Heroes of the Abolition Movement
- Chapter 25: The Story of the Alamo
- Chapter 26: The Great Journey West — Part 1
- Chapter 27: The Great Journey West — Part 2
- Chapter 28: Our Place in History
|Title||America's Story Vol. 1|
|Subtitle||From the Ancient America's to the Great Gold Rush|
|Volume in Series||1|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|