America's Story 3
For Ages 8-11
America’s Story Volume 3 teaches upper elementary homeschool students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the United States of America from the early 1900s to Modern Times. This top-ranked history curriculum by Master Books features an engaging narrative, beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and more to help your student grasp the story of America’s history.
This one-year course comes with an easy-to-implement schedule. Lessons take approximately 45 minutes per lesson, five days a week.
An Unforgettable Journey Through American History!
America’s Story 3 concludes the exciting journey through American History as students explore discoveries and inventions, learn of the hardships of the Great Depression, and examine the challenges our nation still faces. This award-winning homeschool history curriculum series brings the settings and characters to life through an engaging use of storytelling and activities that help the student retain the information.
In America’s Story 3, your student will:
- Discover the impact one president had on the New York City Police Department
- Observe the first flight
- Ride along with the development of the Model T
- Experience the wonder and the tragedy of the Titanic
- Explore America during & after the World Wars
- Learn the hardships Americans faced during the Great Depression
- Feel the excitement of new discoveries and technological advancement
- and so much more!
Easy for teachers, exciting for students!
America’s Story 3 is designed to be easy to use. The set guides your student on an exciting adventure through American history as they:
- Learn to retell history using oral & written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- And compile a timeline from the early 1900s to Modern Times!
Exciting, interactive stories
America's Story 3 brings history alive for students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and characters that shaped American history from the early 1900s to Modern Times.
To complete this course, your student will also need a copy of America’s Story 3 Teacher Guide. The America’s Story 3 Timeline Pack is a suggested, optional resource.
Table of Contents
- 1. The Story of Teddy Roosevelt
- 2. Presidents for Change
- 3. The Story of the Wright Brothers
- 4. The Affordable Model Ts
- 5. The Story of the Titanic
- 6. World Turmoil
- 7. America After WWI
- 8. Crash!
- 9. The Great Depression
- 10. The World at War
- 11. America at War, Part One
- 12. America at War, Part Two
- 13. Life on the Homefront
- 14. The Cold War
- 15. The Golden Age of America
- 16. Tumultuous Times
- 17. Changing Times
- 18. The Civil Rights Movement
- 19. 1970s Politics and Fashion
- 20. Political Scandals and Gasoline Shortages
- 21. The 1980s, Part One
- 22. The 1980s, Part Two
- 23. The 1990s, Part One
- 24. The 1990s, Part Two
- 25. The Strange Election of 2000
- 26. “Evil, Despicable Acts of Terror”
- 27. More Recent History
- 28. Protectors of Our Freedom
- Geographical Terms
|Weight (in lbs)||1.90|
|Title||America's Story 3|
|Subtitle||From the Early 1900s to our Modern Times|
|Volume in Series||3|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|