America's Story 3 (Teacher Guide - Download)
For Ages 8-11
America's Story 3 brings history alive for homeschool students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, students are drawn into America’s Story helping them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and characters that shaped American history from the early 1900s to Modern Times.
The America’s Story 3 Teacher Guide offers the suggested weekly schedule, worksheets, and all reviews. The pages of this guide are perforated and three-hole punched so materials are easy to tear out, hand out, grade, and store. Teachers are encouraged to adjust the schedule and materials needed to best work within their unique educational program.
The activity pages are an assortment of map adventures, areas to write/journal, Scriptures and famous sayings for copywork, hands-on projects, and pictures to draw and color. There is also a timeline project, including simple instructions for completion.
Students completing this course will:
- Become familiar with American history from the early 1900s to the 21st century.
- Study history through interaction and story elements that connect students emotionally
- Learning about America and its influence throughout the world
- Develop comprehension through oral and written narration, and create memories through notebooking and hands-on crafts.
- Connect to the lessons, including elements of writing and drawing, special project pages, written narration pages, and timeline characters to help children narrate their way through history’s story.
Easy for teachers, exciting for students!
America’s Story 3 is designed to be easy to use for teachers as your student embarks on an exciting adventure through American history while:
- Learn to retell history through the use of oral & written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- And compile a timeline from the early 1900s to Modern Times!
America’s Story 3 Teacher Guide Includes:
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student worksheets for narration (oral & written), sketching, map adventures, & timelines.
- Optional Digging Deeper activities
- Special Project Ideas
- Review sheets & answer keys
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages for convenience
- Approximately 45 minutes per lesson, 4-5 days per week
- Designed for grades 3-6 in a one-year history course