Now, you can do high school chemistry from home and have fun in the process -- yes, you can. Dennis Englin’s Chemistry is a thorough, practical, engaging lab-based curriculum that focuses on chemistry concepts and their applications. Even better, everything is strongly rooted in a biblical worldview. Written by a professional scientist and science educator, Chemistry effectively guides students through lessons and labs that are specifically designed for homeschool use. This curriculum is in-depth enough to prepare future STEM majors for college but accessible for any student needing high school chemistry.
- Highly readable application-based textbook, with visually appealing layout
- Curriculum developed for and used by homeschool students for 30 years
- Teacher Guide includes all coursework, as well as schedule and supply lists for the labs
- Step-by-Step lab instructions with photos for each step.
Home Science Tools has assembled a chemistry lab kit for the course. You will find it here: https://www.homesciencetools.com/product/lab-kit-for-master-books-chemistry/
Chemistry is the study of the composition, structure, and properties of matter. It is through an understanding of chemistry that the products that have benefited society were discovered, and technologies to sustain the environment were put in place. Knowledge of how matter changes will give us an insight into the origin of life, so we can realize that life could only have been formed by a supernatural act of creation, not by a process of change over time.
- High school science course with lab curriculum
- Lab experiments are included with guidance on where to order the lab equipment and supplies needed for the course
- Based on the principle that those who can understand and apply information do much better than those who simply memorize material
This course has been taught by Dr. Englin for several years, with students going on to medical and graduate school. He wanted to develop a series of courses that would give students the tools to help them succeed in higher education. The comprehensive material has God the Creator as its foundation.
The author makes studying chemistry seem more practical by his references to chemicals in everyday life and powerfully reminds students that the order revealed comes from our Creator God.
E. Howard Callahan, Chemical Engineer (Co-op) from Georgia Institute of Technology, M.Div. from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
|Subtitle||The Study of Matter From a Christian Worldview|
|Contributors||Dr. Dennis Englin|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)|