Digestive System & Metabolism Vol. 4 (Download)
On the surface, the digestive system begins with the teeth and tongue, connects through the stomach, the liver, the gallbladder, the pancreas, and other organs as well.
Beyond the obvious, the function of digestion is a highly complex system created by God to transform food into fuel for our energy, something called metabolism, and to take waste from the body.
The fourth volume of the Wonders of the Human Body series dives deep into why our bodies need energy and how we get it. As with all our explorations into the complexity of the human body, when you see the incredible design of the digestive system, you ultimately have to ask yourself, “Can this all possibly be an accident? Something that happened by chance?” The answer is a resounding, “No!” We are not the product of evolution. We are not animals. We are a special creation. In Digestive System & Metabolism, you will learn about:
- The digestive system—including the teeth and tongue, the mouth and esophagus, the stomach and intestines, the liver, the gallbladder, and the pancreas
- Our metabolism—a complex system created by God to transform food into fuel for our energy
God our Designer thought of everything, even the problems that would occur in a sin-cursed world. We are indeed wonderfully made. Prepare to be amazed!
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Overview of the Digestive System
- 3. Anatomy of the Digestive System
- The Mouth
- The Esophagus
- The Stomach
- The Pancreas
- The Liver and Gallbladder
- The Small Intestine
- The Large Intestine
- 4. Nutrition and Metabolism
- What is Metabolism?
- 5. A Lesson from Genesis