This student text is part of our best-selling Algebra curriculum pack, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra.
Algebra Designed for Understanding
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra (Algebra 1) utilizes a clear, conversational, engaging approach to teach your student Algebra through practical, real-life application! Jacobs’ guides your student through Algebra, enabling them to discover concepts & application for themselves and develop a deep understanding.
This unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a lasting understanding of Algebra concepts
- Interacts with concepts using real-world examples, ensuring they’ll know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Algebraic concepts outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to higher math courses, sciences, & everyday life
- Makes concepts their own
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical concepts of Algebra—and once a student truly understands the concepts in Algebra, they are equipped & prepared for all higher math & sciences!
Elementary Algebra Student Text Features:
- Full Color Illustrations
- 17 sections, covering functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more.
- Set II exercise solutions provided in back of text
- Flexible based on focus & intensity of the course
- Set I exercises review ideas & concepts from previous lessons to provide ongoing application of material.
- Set II exercises allow student to apply material from the new lesson
- Set III exercises (provided in Teacher’s Guide - sold separately) provide additional practice for material learned in the new lesson
- Set IV exercises challenge students who are excelling and can also be used for extra credit
Table of Contents
- A Letter to the Student
- Introduction: A Number Trick
- 1. Fundamental Operations
- 2. Functions and Graphs
- 3. The Integers
- 4. The Rational Numbers
- 5. Equations In One Variable
- 6. Equations In Two Variables
- 7. Simultaneous Equations
- 8. Exponents
- Midterm Review
- 9. Polynomials
- 10. Factoring
- 11. Fractions
- 12. Square Roots
- 13. Quadratic Equations
- 14. The Real Numbers
- 15. Fractional Equations
- 16. Inequalities
- 17. Number Sequences
- Final Review
- Answers to the Set II Exercises