For Ages 13-15
Elementary Algebra is a highly respected, one-year high school curriculum offering practical, real-life applications in an easy to follow format. Students will enjoy this full color textbook as they learn to master functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more. Select solutions are provided in the text with full answers available in the Solutions Manual. The Elementary Algebra Teacher’s Guide is also required to complete the course. Elementary Algebra is designed to be completed in one year with lessons spanning 5 days a week for 45 – 60 minutes each.
Algebra Designed for Understanding
Elementary Algebra (Algebra 1) utilizes a clear, conversational, engaging approach to teach your student Algebra through practical, real-life application! Your high school student will discover concepts and applications for themselves and develop a deep understanding of the material.
This unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a lasting understanding of Algebra concepts
- Interacts with concepts using real-world examples, ensuring they’ll know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Algebraic concepts outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to everyday life
- Makes concepts their own
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical concepts of Algebra—and once a student truly understands the concepts in Algebra, they are equipped & prepared for all higher math & sciences!
Elementary Algebra Student Text Features:
- Full Color Illustrations
- 17 sections, covering functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more.
- Set II exercise solutions provided in back of text
- Flexible based on focus & intensity of the course
- Set I exercises review ideas & concepts from previous lessons to provide ongoing application of material.
- Set II exercises allow student to apply material from the new lesson
- Set III exercises (provided in Teacher’s Guide - sold separately) provide additional practice for material learned in the new lesson
- Set IV exercises challenge students who are excelling and can also be used for extra credit
Expert Instruction Available at MasterBooksAcademy.com
Help your student learn and apply algebra independently with the addition of our Elementary Algebra supplemental online video course. Kate Hannon, author of the Principles of Mathematics series and Algebra 2, brings the course to life by walking the student through each lesson revealing how to arrive at the correct answers. Mrs. Hannon also teaches students to see the wonder of God in mathematics.
Table of Contents
- A Letter to the Student
- Introduction: A Number Trick
- 1. Fundamental Operations
- 2. Functions and Graphs
- 3. The Integers
- 4. The Rational Numbers
- 5. Equations In One Variable
- 6. Equations In Two Variables
- 7. Simultaneous Equations
- 8. Exponents
- Midterm Review
- 9. Polynomials
- 10. Factoring
- 11. Fractions
- 12. Square Roots
- 13. Quadratic Equations
- 14. The Real Numbers
- 15. Fractional Equations
- 16. Inequalities
- 17. Number Sequences
- Final Review
- Answers to the Set II Exercises