Elementary Algebra (Curriculum Pack)
For Ages 13-15
This high school algebra curriculum provides a full year of math in an easy to follow format with guidance for teachers as well as for students who are self-directed. The full color student text is divided into 17 sections, covering functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more. Select solutions are provided in the text with full answers available in the Teacher Guide. The course is designed to be completed in one year with lessons spanning 5 days a week for 45 - 60 minutes each.
Elementary Algebra (Teacher Guide - Revised):
Algebra Designed for Understanding
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra (Algebra 1) utilizes a clear, conversational, engaging approach to teach your student Algebra through practical, real-life application! Harold Jacobs’ guides your student through Algebra, enabling them to discover concepts for themselves and develop a deep understanding of their practical application to math, science, and real-life situations!
This unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a lasting understanding of mathematical concepts
- Interacts with Algebra using real-world examples, ensuring they’ll know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Algebraic concepts outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to higher math courses, sciences, & everyday life
- Makes concepts their own
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical concepts of Algebra—and once a student truly understands the concepts in Algebra, they are prepared for all higher math & sciences!
Clear, Thorough Instruction
Understanding both the why and how of Algebra is foundational to your student’s success in high school and college. Jacobs’ Algebra provides students with a clear and thorough understanding of why concepts work, as well as how they are applied to solve real-world problems.
A Top Choice for High School Success & College Prep
Time tested for nearly forty years, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra has proven its ability to guide students towards success and is still the choice of top teachers and schools.
The unique instructional method within Jacobs’ Algebra ensures your student understands both the why and how of Algebra and establishes a strong foundation for higher math & science courses. If your student is planning for college or a STEM career, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra ensures they are equipped with the tools they need to succeed!
Newly Revised & Updated
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra has now been updated and revised to better equip the next generation of students!
- The addition of a daily schedule— saving you time!
- Modernized language for clearer communication
This Curriculum Set Includes:
Elementary Algebra Student Text:
- Full Color Illustrations
- 17 sections, covering functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more.
- Set II exercise solutions provided in back of text
- Flexible based on focus & intensity of the course
- Set I exercises review ideas & concepts from previous lessons to provide ongoing application of material.
- Set II exercises allow student to apply material from the new lesson
- Set IV exercises challenge students who are excelling and can also be used for extra credit
Elementary Algebra Teacher’s Guide Includes:
- Convenient suggested daily schedule— saving you time!
- Full Solutions to problem sets I, II, & IV
- Tests (chapter, mid-term, final exam, & alternate test versions)
- Test Solutions
- Solutions to final review sections
- Practical 3-hole punched, perforated pages for ease of use
Expert Instruction Available at MasterBooksAcademy.com
Help your student learn and apply algebra independently with the addition of our Elementary Algebra supplemental online video course. Kate Hannon, author of the Principles of Mathematics series and Algebra 2, brings the course to life by walking the student through each lesson revealing how to arrive at the correct answers. Mrs. Hannon also teaches students to see the wonder of God in mathematics.
- Revised & updated for the next-generation student
- Usable for both self-directed students and teachers & students
- Recommended for: 9th Grade / 1 Credit
|Title||Elementary Algebra (Curriculum Pack)|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Weight (in lbs)||4.8|