Foundations in Faith (Download)
For Ages 12-18
Foundations in Faith is a homeschool curriculum designed to teach Bible doctrine to teens and preteens. Your students will learn the basics of what Christians have held true as they study Scripture along with the creeds, confessions, and catechisms used over time to instill biblical truths. These helpful tools have been written to help Christ followers cling to the authority of God’s Word and avoid the pitfalls of believing heresies promoted within the culture and possibly the even the church.
This one-year course is conveniently scheduled so a student can complete 20-30 minute lessons five days a week.
Foundations in Faith offers homeschool families a simplified study of biblical doctrines to help teens and preteens learn the foundational truths that will guide them for the rest of their lives. This Bible elective course focuses on the teachings of Scripture. Your student will learn the primary doctrines; the basics on which all true Christian believe. Secondary doctrines (those that do not impact salvation) are not addressed in this course.
Foundations in Faith offers an overview of systematic theology using the Bible the ultimate authority with creeds, confessions, and catechisms as helpful tools. Many of the creeds and confessions were written by church councils who were seeking to correct errors that had arisen in the church. Catechisms use a question-and-answer format to teach a summary of the principles.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the purpose and importance of church doctrine
- Learn to discern biblical truth from cultural assumptions and popular faith myths
- Master spiritual disciplines that enable you to go deeper in your faith and understanding
- Explore important foundational insight into crucial aspects of biblical truths
- Quick, targeted lessons – 20 to 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
- Includes worksheets and answer keys; incorporates numerous passages of God’s Word
- Incorporates four tests – one for each quarter
- A one-year course designed for grades 7-12
- The NKJV was used to create the course. If your student prefers a different version, please remember to adjust answers regarding Scriptures to your preferred version
What to Expect
Each lesson is two pages and includes doctrinal sources, biblical text, and teaching. The student will need a Bible to look up various verses on worksheets and explore other verses suggested throughout the course. Testing occurs after every quarter and tests are found in the back of the book.
- Great for God: Missionaries Who Changed the World, by David Shibley.
- A New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible (for verse fill in the blank questions, etc.)
Table of Contents
- Course Description & How to Use This Book
- Note to Parents - About This Course
- Student Introduction
- 1. What is Doctrine?
- 2. Who Created Christian Doctrine?
- 3. How Do We Know the Bible is True?
- 4. All Truth Revealed
- 5. The Bible Was Written to Be Understood
- 6. How Can I Understand the Bible? Part 1
- 7. How Can I Understand the Bible? Part 2
- 8. How Can I Understand the Bible? Part 3
- 9. Old Testament vs. New Testament
- 10. The Importance of Church History
- 11. Introduction to Creeds
- 12. Confessions
- 13. Exploring Catechisms
- 14. Church Traditions and Confirmations
- 15. All of Creation (Cosmology)
- 16. The Fall of Man (Original Sin)
- 17. Who Is God?
- 18. The Trinity
- 19. Jesus, the Son of God
- 20. Jesus Paid It All
- 21. Jesus’ Death and Burial
- 22. The Resurrection
- 23. The Holy Spirit
- 24. Salvation: Being Born Again
- 25. Justification and Sanctification
- 26. The Church
- 27. Baptism and Communion
- 28. Growing Strong Through Spiritual Disciplines
- 29. Prayer
- 30. Bible Study
- 31. Worship
- 32. Evangelism
- 33. Generosity (Stewardship)
- 34. Good Works—Serving
- 35. Self-Denial
- 36. The Second Coming
- Answer Key
|Title||Foundations in Faith (Download)|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|