Foundations in Worship
For Ages 12-18
Foundations in Worship is a unique homeschool Bible curriculum created to expand your junior high and high school student’s understanding of God and the Gospel through the study of hymns. This engaging, full-color Bible elective reveals scriptural truths expressed in these long-cherished anthems of the Christian faith. As they study the hymn writer and their faith, your student will learn to better articulate their own faith in God. Lessons can be completed in 20-40 minutes over five days a week in this one-year course.
Activate a deeper understanding of worship and love for God with Foundations in Worship, Master Books’ homeschool Bible curriculum for junior high and high school students. This full-color course uses exceptional, traditional hymns to guide your student in a biblical exploration of what worship is and why it matters. Also used as a music appreciation elective, this one-year course has an easy-to-follow schedule allowing students to complete their lessons in 20-40 minutes over five days a week.
Foundations in Worship provides an in-depth discipleship experience through a study of hymns, the hymn writers, and the biblical messages within the songs. 7th – 12th grade students will learn to worship God in word and song using doctrinally sound hymns of faith.
Using Master Books’ celebrated method of education, this workbook-style hymnology course will lead your students to:
- Recognize and seek the connections between hymns and Scripture
- Discover how the hymns reflect the hymn writer’s personal faith journey
- Learn to apply biblical concepts from the hymns to their own faith
- Develop creative and engaging presentation skills
- Learn to clearly articulate their thoughts and faith
Use Foundations in Worship to further develop your student’s biblical worldview and help them discern the biblical basis for modern worship songs. As devoted worshippers and students of the Word, your children will be learning to personally fulfill the Ephesians 5:19 instruction to “speak to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs.”
Table of Contents
- How to Use this Book
- 1. What is Worship?
- 2. How Firm a Foundation
- 3. Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
- 4. Hallelujah, What a Savior!
- 5. It is Well with my Soul
- 6. Faith Is the Victory!
- 7. And Can It Be
- 8. I am His, and He is Mine
- 9. Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise
- 10. Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus
- 11. My Faith Has Found a Resting Place
- 12. The Old Rugged Cross
- 13. Arise, My Soul, Arise
- 14. A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- 15. Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
- 16. According to Thy Gracious Word
- 17. Deeper and Deeper
- 18. He Ransomed Me
- 19. Crown Him with Many Crowns
- 20. No Blood, No Altar Now
- 21. The Solid Rock
- 22. Jesus, Lover of My Soul
- 23. Joy to the World
- 24. All My Sins Have Been Forgiven
- 25. Complete in Thee
- 26. A Child of the King
- 27. Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- 28. Once for All!
- Engagement Ideas
- Hymn Presentation
- Answer Key
|Weight (in lbs)||2.00|
|Title||Foundations in Worship|
|Contributors||Dr. John Morris|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|