Evolution is a model, hypothesis, idea, belief, or a worldview – it is not a theory, a law, a fact, or the truth. God’s Word is the truth. Darwinian evolution as an explanation for human origins is a philosophy that raises its fist at God, but ultimately fails scientifically.
A powerful team of credentialed scientists, researchers, and Biblical apologists take on the pillars of evolution in Glass House: Shattering the Myth of Evolution. The truths they reveal decimate Darwin’s beliefs using a Biblical and logical approach to evidence.
In our culture, atheists and many Christians have been deceived into believing evolution is a solid foundation. Glass House answers evolutionary claims, puts them to the test and demonstrates how they shatter. Written for laymen, Glass House addresses the origin of life, natural selection, mutations, missing links, the religious nature of evolution, and many more evolutionary myths.
Ken Ham (CEO and founder), Bodie Hodge (author and researcher) and the team of scientists at Answers in Genesis offer you a fresh look at the major arguments currently put forward to support molecules-to-man evolution. This cutting-edge book dismantles evolution argument by argument and is written at a level even a teen can understand.
Evolution as an idea is considered a rock-solid truth among secular scientists, but when you begin looking at the evidence and asking simple questions, you find their conclusions to be just fragile assumptions, unproven myth, and outright misconceptions – like a glass house built on shifting sands.
- Discover the pervasive influences of the atheistic religion of Darwinian evolution
- Learn what science is and how science is actually devastating to evolution
- Explore how evolution developed from unproven science to a popular and cultural worldview
Now a powerful team of credentialed scientists, researchers, and Biblical apologists take on the pillars of evolution, and the truths they reveal decimate Darwin’s beliefs using a Biblical and logical approach to evidence.
Table of Contents
- Preface — Bodie Hodge and Ken Ham
- Introduction: Has Evolution Infiltrated the Church?
- The Basics: Evolution, Science, and Religion
- 1. What Is Evolution: The Three Types to Recognize
- 2. What Is and Isn’t Science?
- 3. Is Science Secular?
- 4. Science Fields and Methodology Came from a Christian Worldview
- 5. Creation vs. Evolution — Is It an Authority Issue?
- 6. Millions of Years: Where Did the Idea Come From?
- The History and Assumptions of an Evolutionary Worldview
- 7. Secular, Evolutionary, and Atheistic Religions
- 8. Are There Different Models of Evolution?
- 9. Living Fossils
- 10. Are Similarities in Life Forms Evidence of Common Design or Common Ancestry?
- The Big Four: Origin of Life, Natural Selection, Mutations, and Missing Links
- 11. The Origin of Life
- 12. What about Natural Selection?
- 13. Are Peppered Moths Evidence for Evolution?
- 14. Is a Species the Same Thing as a Biblical Kind?
- 15. Are Mutations the Magical Key That Makes Evolution Possible?
- 16. A Horse Will Always Be a Horse, of Course!
- 17. Isn’t the Whale Transitional Series a Perfect Example of Evolution?
- 18. What about Bird Evolution — Aren’t They Dinosaurs?
- 19. What about the Missing Links Like Lucy, Neanderthals, and Homo erectus That Prove Human Evolution?
- 20. What about Human Evolution?
- 21. Digging for “Missing Links” in the Wrong Place
- More Science Arguments: Genetics and Anatomy
- 22. Do Humans and Chimps Share a Common Ancestor?
- 23. Is Human Chromosome 2 the Result of a Fusion That Supports Shared Ancestry with Apes?
- 24. Are Vestigial Organs Evidence of an Evolutionary Past?
- Implications of an Evolutionary Worldview?
- 25. What About Haeckel’s Faked Embryos? How Do They Relate to Abortion?
- 26. What Are the Moral Implications of the Religion of Evolution?/li
- 27. Did Darwin Renounce Evolution and Get Saved on His Deathbed?
- Christians and the Big Picture
- 28. Conclusion