Introduction to Logic (Curriculum Pack)
Special Price $40.69 Regular Price $54.98
This Introduction to Logic course will both challenge and inspire high school students to be able to defend their faith against atheists and skeptics alike.
- A full-year course that will increase a student’s ability to refute the untruths that evolutionists claim as fact.
- Includes both a student text and a teacher’s guide with all necessary quizzes and tests.
- Teaches methods that are reliable and effective in defending truth.
Table of Contents
- 1. Logic and the Christian Worldview
- 2. All Knowledge Is Ultimately from God
- 3. Why Study Logic?
- 4. Propositions and Arguments
- 5. Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
- 6. The Biblical Basis for the Laws of Logic
- 7. Logical Failure of the Unbiblical Worldview
- 8. Is the Christian Faith Illogical?
- 9. Is Faith Contrary to Reason?
- 10. Arbitrariness and Inconsistency
- 11. Definitions
- 12. A Brief Introduction to Syllogisms
- 13. Enthymemes
- 14. Informal Logical Fallacies
- 15. Equivocation
- 16. Reification
- 17. The Fallacy of Accent
- 18. The Fallacies of Composition and Division
- 19. Hasty Generalization and Sweeping Generalization
- 20. The Fallacy of False Cause
- 21. Begging the Question
- 22. Begging the Question — Part 2
- 23. The Question-Begging Epithet
- 24. The Complex Question
- 25. The Bifurcation Fallacy
- 26. The No True Scotsman Fallacy
- 27. Special Pleading
- 28. The False Analogy and the Slippery Slope Fallacy
- 29. Review of the Fallacies of Presumption
- 30. Ad Hominem
- 31. The Faulty Appeal to Authority
- 32. The StrawMan Fallacy
- 33. Faulty Appeals
- 34. Naturalistic, Moralistic, and the Appeal to Consequences
- 35. The Genetic Fallacy and the Tu Quoque Fallacy
- 36. The Fallacy of Irrelevant Thesis
- 37. Review of Fallacies of Relevance
- 38. Closing Remarks
- Informal Fallacies at a Glance
- Quick Reference Guide
|Weight (in lbs)||2.10|
|Title||Introduction to Logic (Curriculum Pack)|
|Contributors||Dr. Jason Lisle|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|
Write Your Own Review