America's Story 1 Set
For Ages 8-11
America’s Story 1 brings history alive through a Charlotte Mason approach as it teaches upper elementary students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the United States of America. O’Dell’s lively storytelling brings the settings and characters to life as students study American history from the ancient Americas to the 1850s.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Who Lived Here First?
- Chapter 2: Leif Ericson, the Christian Viking
- Chapter 3: Christopher Columbus and Other European Explorers
- Chapter 4: Settlements, Mosquitoes, and an Indian Princess
- Chapter 5: Pilgrimage to Freedom
- Chapter 6: Squanto the Friendly Indian and the First Thanksgiving
- Chapter 7: Life in the Colonies
- Chapter 8: William Penn, a Man of Peace
- Chapter 9: William Wilberforce, Abolitionist Hero
- Chapter 10: Young George Washington and the Horrible War
- Chapter 11: Winds of Change in the English Colonies
- Chapter 12: The Power of Words.
- Chapter 13: The British Are Coming!
- Chapter 14: Stories of the American Revolution
- Chapter 15: More Stories of the Revolution
- Chapter 16: 13 Colonies Become One Nation
- Chapter 17: First in the Hearts of His Countryman
- Chapter 18: Looking West
- Chapter 19: The Louisiana Purchase, What a Deal!
- Chapter 20: The Adventures of Lewis and Clark
- Chapter 21: The Strange War of 1812
- Chapter 22: The Industrial Revolution Changes the World
- Chapter 23: Paths of Change
- Chapter 24: Heroes of the Abolition Movement
- Chapter 25: The Story of the Alamo
- Chapter 26: The Great Journey West — Part 1
- Chapter 27: The Great Journey West — Part 2
- Chapter 28: Our Place in History
|Weight (in lbs)||3.20|
|Title||America's Story 1 Set|
|Subtitle||From the Ancient America's to the Great Gold Rush|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|