America's Story Vol. 1 Set
America’s Story 1 brings American history alive through a Charlotte Mason approach as it teaches upper elementary students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the Unites States of America. O’Dell’s lively storytelling brings the settings and characters to life as students study American history from the ancient Americas to the 1850s through the use of:
- Beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, & cultural connections
- Oral Narration
- Directed Journaling
- Artwork Sketching
- Map Adventures
- Compiling a Timeline
- Optional Digging Deeper Activities
A Charlotte Mason Inspired Journey Through American History!
American history comes alive in the stories and adventures of explorers and pioneers who saw in America the chance to live a dream—to freely worship God, to have a chance to own land, and search for wealth and opportunities.
In America’s Story 1, your student will:
- Learn about those who lived & thrived in the Americas first
- Meet the Christian Viking who accidentally discovered America around 1000 A.D.
- Become acquainted with the many explorers and their amazing tales of the Americas
- Discover how simple words were used to powerfully shape the course of history
- Follow along through the Revolutionary War and watch as the Constitution of the United States of America is drafted
- Tell of the triumphs, hardships, mistakes, and victories that together formed the nation we now know
- and so much more!
Easy for teachers, exciting for students!
America’s Story 1 is designed to be easy to use as it guides your student through an exciting adventure through American history as they:
- Learn to retell history through the use of oral & written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- And compile a timeline from the ancient Americas to the 1850s!
Exciting, interactive stories
America's Story 1 brings history alive for students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and characters that shaped American history.
America’s Story 1 Set Includes:
America’s Story 1 Student
- Full-color student textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
America’s Story 1 Teacher Guide
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student worksheets for narration (oral & written), sketching, map adventures, & timelines.
- Optional Digging Deeper activities
- Special Project Ideas
- Review sheets & answer keys
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages for convenience
- Approximately 45 minutes per lesson, 4-5 days per week
- Designed for grades 3-6 in a one-year history course
Can I use this course with an older/younger student?
Yes. While America’s Story is designed for upper elementary students (grades 3-6), it is also very flexible and can be used with younger/older students. Younger students may require additional teacher involvement, while older students may complete additional activities or research projects to increase the difficulty of the course.
I have two or more students using this course together, what do I need to purchase?
We would recommend purchasing additional copies of the Teacher Guide. While the student guide could easily be shared between students, the Teacher Guide contains all of the consumable worksheets your students will need to complete the course. Purchasing an additional copy means each student will have worksheets available and ready for use.
Do we have to start in America’s Story 1?
No. Each volume in America’s Story builds upon the next and creates a timeline of American history from the ancient Americas to Modern Times; however, each volume also stands alone, allowing your student to start and stop in any volume.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Who Lived Here First?
- Chapter 2: Leif Ericson, the Christian Viking
- Chapter 3: Christopher Columbus and Other European Explorers
- Chapter 4: Settlements, Mosquitoes, and an Indian Princess
- Chapter 5: Pilgrimage to Freedom
- Chapter 6: Squanto the Friendly Indian and the First Thanksgiving
- Chapter 7: Life in the Colonies
- Chapter 8: William Penn, a Man of Peace
- Chapter 9: William Wilberforce, Abolitionist Hero
- Chapter 10: Young George Washington and the Horrible War
- Chapter 11: Winds of Change in the English Colonies
- Chapter 12: The Power of Words.
- Chapter 13: The British Are Coming!
- Chapter 14: Stories of the American Revolution
- Chapter 15: More Stories of the Revolution
- Chapter 16: 13 Colonies Become One Nation
- Chapter 17: First in the Hearts of His Countryman
- Chapter 18: Looking West
- Chapter 19: The Louisiana Purchase, What a Deal!
- Chapter 20: The Adventures of Lewis and Clark
- Chapter 21: The Strange War of 1812
- Chapter 22: The Industrial Revolution Changes the World
- Chapter 23: Paths of Change
- Chapter 24: Heroes of the Abolition Movement
- Chapter 25: The Story of the Alamo
- Chapter 26: The Great Journey West — Part 1
- Chapter 27: The Great Journey West — Part 2
- Chapter 28: Our Place in History
|Table of Contents||
|Title||America's Story Vol. 1 Set|
|Subtitle||From the Ancient America's to the Great Gold Rush|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$69.98|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|