Intro to Astrophysics Set
For Grade Level 11-12
With Intro to Astrophysics homeschool curriculum, your 11th and 12th grade level students will explore the science behind how God created the universe to work. This combined study of astronomy, astrophysics, and cosmology reveals that only an omnipotent and omniscient God could create and sustain the cosmos. This is an advanced course with pre-requisites including Elementary Algebra and either Intro to Astronomy or Survey of Astronomy.
Intro to Astrophysics:
Intro to Astrophysics (Teacher Guide):
Take homeschool high school science to the next level! Your 11th-12th grade level students can now study astrophysics from a biblical worldview using Master Books Intro to Astrophysics curriculum set. This course reveals the magnificence of our Creator by combining the study of astronomy, astrophysics, and cosmology. (Look for the pre-requisites listed below.)
The study of the heavens is the science that the Bible most explicitly mentions. This advanced science curriculum is filled with Scriptures to reveal the biblical perspective of the sun, planets, galaxies, black holes, dark matter, gravity, and more. Each chapter includes a Worldview: Through the Lens section to help your student compare the creationist perspective and evolutionist theories on the topic of study. This helps the student to both form a Christian worldview and understand the perspective of evolutionists.
Captivating full color photos fill the course. Your entire family will want to explore them with your Astrophysics student.
- Designed for grades 11-12
- 1 Science Credit
- Daily Schedule, Project Supply List, Answer Keys
- Exercises, Projects, Worldview in Focus Days
- Lessons, Quizzes, Cumulative Tests
- Understand the nature of astronomy and astrophysics, focusing on the history of the universe.
- Discover details about our solar system, including the sun, the terrestrial planets, and the Jovian planets.
- Formulate a foundational understanding of the nature of galaxies, black holes, and dark matter.
- Contrast various theories based on evolutionary scientific perspectives with science based on biblical truth.
- Develop a creationist perspective of the heavens, involving properties of stars, stellar structure, and more.
- Intro to Astrophysics Student Text
- Intro to Astrophysics Teacher Guide
- Elementary Algebra
- Intro to Astronomy or Survey of Astronomy
Table of Contents
- 1. What Is Astronomy?
- 2. Aspects of the Sky
- 3. The History of Astronomy
- 4. Light and Telescopes
- 5. Introduction to the Planets: The Earth
- 6. Our Nearest Neighbor: The Moon
- 7. The Terrestrial Planets
- 8. The Jovian Planets
- 9. Small Solar System Bodies
- 10. The Sun
- 11. An Introduction to the Stars
- 12. Finding the Gross Properties of Stars
- 13. Stellar Structure and Evolution
- 14. Tests of Stellar Evolution Theory
- 15. The Final States of Stars
- 16. Our Galaxy: The Milky Way
- 17. Galaxies
- 18. Cosmology
- 19. Toward a Creationary Astronomy
|Title||Intro to Astrophysics Set|
|Subtitle||A Study of God's Universe From A Biblical Perspective|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Weight (in lbs)||3.95|