Intro to Forensic Science (Download)
For Grade Level 11-12
Forensic science is a fascinating study of over twenty scientific disciplines offering investigative work to the judicial system. Master Books’ Intro to Forensic Science from a Biblical Worldview reveals God as the Author and Designer of science and the need for Christian investigators reporting to the judicial system. Scripture, case studies, and the knowledge of various scientific disciplines are taught throughout this one of kind homeschool curriculum.
The term “forensic science” refers to the acquisition of knowledge gained from the evidence, analysis, and investigator interpretations with the goal of presenting this knowledge before individuals in the judicial system.
While television, movies, and podcasts have popularized forensic science, much of what is portrayed in the media is not accurate. Intro to Forensic Science from a Biblical Worldview homeschool curriculum was developed to teach your students how to use keen observational techniques, understand the disciplines that make up forensic science, and know how to apply them to seeking first the Kingdom of God.
In every lesson, applicable Scripture is woven throughout the text, along with practical labs, and review materials. Case studies are included to raise the student’s awareness of some of the most famous crimes in history, both solved and unsolved, while examining real investigative practices, time frames, and judicial results. Because of the sensitive nature of the case studies, this course is recommended to 11th and 12th grade students.
- Study forensic science through a biblical lens and learn how science clearly confirms the Bible.
- Discover how casts are taken of shoeprints and tire marks and how they are used in investigation.
- Evaluate fire and blood spatter patterns and how they are used to determine origin and method.
- Explore several types of microscopes and their purposes in forensic science.
- Examine the role of alcohol, drugs, tools, insects, and more in crime scene investigation.
- 45 minutes per lesson, 5x per week
- Convenient daily schedule, saving you time!
- Full-color student & teacher text
- Perforated, 3-hole punched worksheets
- Recommended Grade Level: 11th – 12th
- Exercises, labs, extension activities and assessments
- One year course to earn one science credit
- Student Text - Intro to Forensic Science from a Biblical Worldview
- Teacher Guide – Intro to Forensic Science from a Biblical Worldview
About the Author:
Jennifer Hall Rivera EdD is the Director of Educational Programs for Answers in Genesis. Her interest in the forensic sciences started at an early age and is credited to the godly instruction of her father, a renowned fingerprint expert. Her experience in the field of forensic science includes employment in a crime scene unit, over a decade of teaching, journal publications, and numerous speaking events.
Content Warning: This course deals with real criminal case studies and discusses sensitive topics. Parental discretion is advised.
Table of Contents
- Unit 1: Introduction
- 1. What is Forensic Science?
- 2. The Two Types of Science
- Unit 2: The Crime Scene
- 3. The Crime Scene
- 4. Evidence Collection and Documentation
- Unit 3: Physical Evidence
- 5. Drugs
- 6. Toolmarks
- 7. Weapons
- 8. Documents
- 9. Computer Forensics
- Unit 4: Biological Evidence
- 10. DNA
- 11. Serology
- 12. Toxicology
- 13. Anthropology
- 14. Entomology
- 15. Death Scenes
- Unit 5: Transitory Evidence
- 16. Human Fingerprints
- 17. Animal Fingerprints
- 18. Fingerprint Processing
- 19. Trace Evidence Part I: Hair vs. Fur
- 20. Trace Evidence Part II: Fibers
- 21. Trace Evidence Part III: Glass and Paint
- 22. Trace Evidence Part IV: Pollen and Soil
- 23. Impressions
- 24. Arson and Explosive Investigation
- 25. Residues and Patterns
- Unit 6: Forensic Tools
- 26. Microscopes
- 27. Crime Labs
- 28. Mobile Forensics
- 29. Facial Reconstruction
- Unit 7: Forensic Specialties
- 30. Forensic Odontology
- 31. Forensic Psychiatry
- Unit 8: The Judicial System
- 32. The Judicial System
- 33. Chain of Custody
- 34. Courtroom Testimony
|Title||Intro to Forensic Science (Download)|
|Subtitle||From A Biblical Worldview|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|