Language Lessons for a Living Education 2
For Ages 6-8
The fun of teaching your child to read and write continues with Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 2: Master Books award winning homeschool language arts curriculum for second grade level students.
This full color, grab and go workbook incorporates a great mix of picture study, memorization, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, observation, poems, psalms, letters, and practical application through creative writing. Level 2 is a one-year course moving the student toward mastery of reading and grammar as well as the mechanics of communication and writing.
Lessons are scheduled 5 days a week and designed to take 20-30 minutes. Additional readers are not required for this course.
Homeschool families love that Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 2 continues the fun and engaging story of Claire and Micah. Using the Master Books method of education, author Kristen Pratt incorporates poems and picture studies, as well as faith-growing verses to reinforce what students are learning. Educational activities and assignments also include memorization, grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, observation, psalms, and letters. Students learn to apply their new skills by creating their own stories from pictures and sentences.
Level 2 focuses on developing early reading and narration skills. Your student will start forming basic sentences utilizing phonics, observation, and reading comprehension. By the end of the course, students should be able to comfortably write up to three sentences at a time.
A helpful and detailed daily schedule:
- DAY 1 - A special feature or a short story; weeks in between alternate between picture studies and reading poetry or a psalm.
- DAY 2 & 3 - Learn about writing topics such as grammar and punctuation
- DAY 4 - Create a story, poem, or psalm
- DAY 5 - Focus on spelling and vocabulary
Each quarter has five stories, two picture studies (one of which is Bible-based) and two poems (one of which is a Psalm.) Using the spelling words and the dictionary worksheets, students will create their own dictionary as they move week by week through the material.
Scope and sequence, a daily course calendar, and additional learning resources including independent reading lists, spelling words, practice sheets and more are included to help your student master basic concepts. Reviews are also incorporated throughout the course to help them understand and apply what they learn.
NOTE: Additional readers are not required for this course.
Table of Contents
- Using this Course
- Daily Schedule
- 1. Reading, Alphabet, Short A Words, Nouns, Capitalization and Punctuation
- 2. Picture Study, Short E Words, Proper Nouns, Types of Sentences
- 3. Reading, Short I Words, Sight Words, Writing Sentences
- 4. Poetry, Short O Words, Days of the Week, Calendar
- 5. Reading, Short U Words, Months, Calendar
- 6. Picture Study, Long A Words, Months, Calendar
- 7. Reading, Long E Words, Pronouns, Comma Usage
- 8. Psalm, Long I Words, Action Verbs, Comma Usage
- 9. Reading, Long O Words, Plural Nouns, Abbreviations
- 10. Reading, Long U Words, Plural Nouns, Seasons
- 11. Picture Study, Long and Short oo words, Plural Nouns, Abbreviations
- 12. Reading, /ow/ Words, Irregular Plural Nouns, Initials
- 13. Poetry, /aw/ and /au/ Words, Subjects and Predicates, Titles
- 14. Reading, /oi/ Words, State of Being Verbs, Writing Dates
- 15. Picture Study, /ar/ Words, State of Being Verbs, Compound Words
- 16. Reading, Consonant Blend Words, Homophones, Contractions
- 17. Psalm, Consonant Blend Words, Homophones, Interjections
- 18. Reading, Consonant Blend Words, A, An Usage, Suffix
- 19. Reading, Consonant Blend Words, State of Being Verbs, Sentence Combining
- 20. Picture Study, Blend Words, State of Being Verbs, Synonyms
- 21. Reading, /g/ and /j/ Words, Verb Usage, Antonyms
- 22. Poetry, /k/ Words, Verb Usage, Homonyms and Homophones
- 23. Reading, /s/ Words, Verb Usage, Prefix
- 24. Picture Study, Silent Letter Words, Word Usage, Root Words
- 25. Reading, Double Consonant Words, Word Usage, Adjectives
- 26. Psalm, Compound Words, Word Usage, Adjectives
- 27. Reading, Homophone Words, Word Usage, Adjectives
- 28. Reading, Review Contractions, Sentences Review
- 29. Picture Study, Prefix, Suffix and Root Words Review, Sentences Review
- 30. Reading, Syllables, Noun Review, Irregular Plural Words, Number Words
- 31. Poetry, Rhyming, Singular and Possessive Nouns, Number Words
- 32. Reading, Adjectives, Calendar, Days of the Week
- 33. Reading, Adjectives Review, Abbreviation Review, Months
- 34. Reading, Verb Review, Letter Writing, Months
- 35. Psalm, Word Usage Review, Letter Writing, Number Words
- 36. Reading, Synonym/Antonym/Homonym/Homophone Review, Envelopes, Number Words
- Teacher Aids
|Weight (in lbs)||3.10|
|Title||Language Lessons for a Living Education 2|
|Series||Language Lessons for a Living Education|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|