Language Lessons for a Living Education 3 Set
For Ages 7-9
Third-grade level students love learning to communicate with Master Books’ beautiful, award-winning language arts homeschool curriculum: Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 3.
This is a fun, full-color course with amazing reviews from teachers and students alike. Students continue to progress in their development of language arts skills through picture study, memorization, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, observation, poems, psalms, letters, and practical application through creative writing.
Level 3 moves the student toward mastery of reading and grammar as well as the mechanics of communication and writing. Lessons are scheduled for five days a week and can be accomplished in approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
Language Lessons 3:
101 Favorite Stories From the Bible:
Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 3 is designed to strengthen the reading and writing skills of third-grade level students. This beautiful language arts homeschool curriculum is designed as a full color workbook so you and your student can enjoy homeschooling on the go.
Complete with helpful illustrations and guides, this book will teach your student paragraph structure, compound words, contractions, sentence combining, helping verbs, prepositions, and more!
Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 3 develops reading and narration skills as well as writing mastery of multi-sentence paragraphs. Continuing with what the student has learned in Level 2, Level 3 will add to their communication and observation skills. They will review and refine lessons from Level 2 in addition to learning new skills.
Within the course, students will:
- Master state of being verbs, action verbs, and possessive nouns
- Review sentences, singular and plural nouns, adjectives and adverbs
- Identify abbreviations, proper use of punctuation marks, spelling, root words, compound words, and suffixes
- Create their own dictionary with words learned through the course
- Learn to create good paragraphs based on structure and comprehension
- Develop skills in using the dictionary and a thesaurus for spelling and vocabulary-building
- Explore the Scripture, parts of letter writing, copywork, and more!
Scope and sequence, a daily course calendar, and additional learning resources including independent reading lists, spelling words, practice sheets and more are included to help your student master basic concepts. Reviews are also incorporated throughout the course to help them understand and apply what they learn.
Language Lessons for a Living Education is uniquely effective in teaching communication skills and the Gospel. In Level 3 of this award-winning series, each quarter has Bible-based picture studies, Scripture copy work and memorization, as well as a psalm study.
A helpful and detailed daily schedule:
- DAY 1: Focus on a short story, poem, picture study, select Bible verses
- DAY 2 & 3: Writing topics such as grammar and punctuation
- DAY 4: Reading from 101 Favorite Stories of the Bible, Scripture copywork and memorization
- DAY 5: Creating your own dictionary with a focus on spelling and vocabulary
Included Required Course Materials: 101 Favorite Stories of the Bible
Table of Contents
- Using this Course
- Daily Schedule
- 1. Story, Alphabet Review, Sentence Review, Reading, Short A, E Words
- 2. Picture Study, Noun Review, Calendar, Reading, Short I, O, U Words
- 3. Story, Proper Nouns, Pronouns, Calendar, Reading, Long A Words
- 4. Poem, Plural Nouns, Calendar, Reading, Long E Words
- 5. Story, Plural Nouns, Sentence Types, Reading, Long I Words
- 6. Picture Study, Plural Nouns, Commas, Reading, Long O Words
- 7. Story, Plural Nouns, Abbreviations, Reading, Long U Words
- 8. Psalm, Possessive Nouns, Sentences, Reading, Sight Words
- 9. Reading, 1st Quarter Review, Reading, 1st Quarter Spelling Review
- 10. Story, Action Verbs, Sentence Combining, Reading, -ed, -ing Words
- 11. Picture Study, State of Being Verbs, Compound Words, Reading, /oy/, /oi/ Words
- 12. Story, Adjectives, Contractions, Reading, /ar/, /or/, /er/, /ir/, /ur/ Words
- 13. Poem, Adverbs, Quotation Marks, Reading, Plural -s, -es Words
- 14. Story, Prepositions, Titles, Reading, Plural f to v, y to i Words
- 15. Picture Study, Homophones, Dictionary Guide Words, Reading, Irregular Plural Words
- 16. Story, Homophones, Sentences Review, Reading, Compound Words
- 17. Psalm, Articles, Writing a Paragraph, Reading, Contractions
- 18. Story, 2nd Quarter Review, Reading, 2nd Quarter Spelling Review
- 19. Story, Verbs, Combining Sentences, Reading, -air, -are, -oar, -ore, -ure Words
- 20. Picture Study, Helping Verbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, Thesaurus, Reading, pl, pr, sh, th Words
- 21. Story, Verb Usage, Homonyms, Homophones, Reading, ck, ct, ft, ld, mp, nd Words
- 22. Poem, Verb Usage, Prefix un-, re-, Reading, Homophones
- 23. Story, Word Usage, Prefix in-, im-, dis-, pre-, tele-, Reading, Homonyms
- 24. Picture Study, Word Usage, Suffix -ed, -ing, Root Words, Reading, Prefix dis-, im-, in-, re-, un- Words
- 25. Story, Word Usage, Simile, Reading, Suffix -est, -ied, -less, -ly, -y Words
- 26. Psalm, Comparison, Writing a Paragraph, Reading, Roots bio, graph, phon, scope Words
- 27. Story, 3rd Quarter Review, Reading, 3rd Quarter Spelling Review
- 28. Story, Noun Review, Sentence Review, Reading, -ng, -nk, -nt, -pt, -sk, -st Words
- 29. Picture Study, Plural Nouns Review, Sentence Review, Reading, -ch, -tch Words
- 30. Story, Preposition Review, Quotation Marks, Reading, spr, shr, str, squ, scr, spl, thr Words
- 31. Poem, Review, Reading, f, gh, ph Words
- 32. Story, Verb Review, Similes, Reading, Soft and Hard g Words
- 33. Picture Study, Word Usage Review, Reading, Silent Letter Words
- 34. Story, Adjectives/Adverbs Review, Paragraph Review, Reading, Double Consonant Words
- 35. Psalm, Word Usage Review, 4th Quarter Review, Reading, Ordinal Number Words
- 36. Story, 4th Quarter Review, Thank You Letter, Reading, 4th Quarter Spelling Review
- Teacher Aids
|Title||Language Lessons for a Living Education 3 Set|
|Series||Language Lessons for a Living Education|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Weight (in lbs)||3.8|