How Does Language Lessons for a Living Education Work?
- Each level features an instructional blend of stories, poems, Scripture, independent and co-reading, picture study, copywork, oral narration, memorization, creating a dictionary, and hands-on experience that brings concepts to life.
- This comprehensive, elementary Language Arts curriculum develops oral and written communication skills including reading, writing, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and handwriting practice.
- Stamina and reading comprehension gradually increase as students read fun stories and complete activities in this full-color series.
- Follow the convenient daily schedule in the front of the book. Designed as a 36-week or 180-day course with five days of instruction, but can be easily adapted to fit any homeschool.
Start where they are ready to learn. Use this skill-based readiness test to discover where to start.
Manageable, 20-30-Minute, Daily Lessons
Open & Go, Easy-to-Implement. Includes a Daily Schedule.
Mastery-Based with Spiral Review of Concepts
BROWSE BY GRADE:
- Move beyond simple phonics to a gentle course that introduces important basics in grammar
- Make vital connections between endearing images they see and the words they learn
- Begin to learn how to communicate with age-appropriate vocabulary words and simple sentences
- Independent reading books and learning to master writing letters and small words are core to the course
- Start forming basic sentences
- Develop early reading and narration skills
- Work towards the mastery of reading and grammar, as well as the mechanics of communication and writing
- Start creating stories through pictures and sentences, poems, psalms and letters
- Review and refine lessons from Level 2
- Add to their reading, communication and observation skills
- Practice reading and narration, increase their vocabulary and apply grammatical skills
- Learn paragraph structure, compound words, contractions, sentence combining, helping verbs, prepositions and more!
- Review and refine lessons from Level 3
- Build on and reinforce essential communication skills as they achieve proficiency in grammar, vocabulary, spelling and reading comprehension
- Learn about noun types, verb tenses, mechanics and compositions
- Work towards independent reading and mastery of effective sentences and paragraphs
- Review and refine lessons from Level 4
- Take the rules and best practices, and make them their own through skilled use
- Start to learn the nuances of communication, organization and techniques to be more effective in sharing their thoughts through the written word
- Develop skills in using the dictionary and a thesaurus for independent spelling and vocabulary building
- Review and refine lessons from Level 5
- Focus on the essentials of written communication
- Master and apply their skills to grammar, spelling, reading comprehension, and vocabulary
- Review and integrate the eight parts of speech
Coming Spring 2024
Coming Spring 2024
- Grammar & Punctuation sets up a foundation of high school concepts that are applied through writing.
- Students are equipped with biblical application for expression, essay writing, and speaking skills.
- Worldview & Literary Analysis teaches writing styles and critical thinking skills.
- Review Days provide reinforcement for all concepts and may be used as assessments.