Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 1 (Download)
For Ages 5-7
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 1 is a Christian homeschool math curriculum designed to ignite a love for math in your first-grade level students. The captivating story of the twins continues with the specific purpose of helping your student learn to count to 100, identify place values, number families and more.
Math Lessons for a Living Education is an award-winning math homeschool curriculum series known for helping students love math. Using the Master Books’ method of education, the grab-and-go workbooks help build confidence at a pace that will not overwhelm your student with the typical “drill and kill” approach.
* Disclaimer: We have received reports that when viewing this PDF in a web browser that sometimes the browser does not render the font correctly and there will be missing letters in words which make you think there are several misspellings. We highly recommend viewing this PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader which is a free download. This will solve the problem caused by the web browser.
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 1 teaches math through engaging, real-life stories and practical application because math is all around us! This award-winning homeschool math curriculum series uses a story-based approach allowing students to participate in the story, make mathematical connections, explore the world around them with Charlie & Charlotte, and realize the value of math in their own lives.
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 1 teaches through:
- Short, story-based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full-color worksheets
Students learn best and retain more when they are engaged in the material and actively applying concepts to their lives. Math Lessons for a Living Education engages your student through exciting stories allowing your student to learn smarter instead of harder!
Real Life, Real Math
Mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, patterns, and telling time are taught within the framework of an engaging, real-life story while fun worksheets provide your student the opportunity to apply the exciting new concepts. An engaging blend of stories, copy work, oral narration, and hands-on experience brings mathematical concepts to life. First grade level students will explore the world around them discovering why math matters.
Lessons Kids Love
Math Lessons for a Living Education creates a stress-free, tear-free environment for your child to learn, grow, and develop their math skills. Because your student is relating newfound knowledge to everyday life, they’ll retain those skills too!
In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 1 your student will learn:
- How to count & write numbers 0-100
- Counting by 2s, 5s, & 10s
- Addition & Subtraction of numbers 0-10
- Place value to hundreds
- Shapes & Patterns
- Simple Fractions
- How to tell time
- and so much more!
* A Math Lessons Readiness Test is available to help you determine if this level is best for your student. You will find it as a downloadable PDF on this page under the product image.
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 1 Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Short, engaging 15-30 minute lessons
- Full-color worksheets
- Link to downloadable answer key
- Manipulatives section
- Instructional blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 1 / 5-7 years old
- Designed for parent & child to work through together
Table of Contents
- Using This Course
- Lesson 1: The Adventure Begins! We Learn Numbers 0–9
- Lesson 2: How Many Eggs? Review of Numbers 0–9
- Lesson 3: A Bed for Pokey; Introducing Rectangles
- Lesson 4: Circles and Patterns
- Lesson 5: Review of Concepts
- Lesson 6: More Numbers, Patterns, Shapes; Introducing Triangles
- Lesson 7: Learning to Count with Bigger Numbers—Place Values
- Lesson 8: More Work with Place Values
- Lesson 9: Review of Concepts
- Lesson 10: Place Value, Patterns of 10s
- Lesson 11: Practice with Patterns and Shapes
- Lesson 12: Introducing the + and = Symbols
- Lesson 13: Addition + 1
- Lesson 14: Writing & Adding Numbers; Introducing the Days of the Week
- Lesson 15: More About Addition (Vertical Addition)
- Lesson 16: More Addition; Introducing Squares
- Lesson 17: Two by Two (Introducing Skip Counting by 2s)
- Lesson 18: Number Families, Addition to Ten
- Lesson 19: Counting by 10
- Lesson 20: Counting Groups
- Lesson 21: Solving for an Unknown
- Lesson 22: Tally Marks to Make Groups of Five
- Lesson 23: Counting by 5s
- Lesson 24: Telling Time, Part 1
- Lesson 25: Telling Time, Part 2
- Lesson 26: Telling Time, Part 3
- Lesson 27: Introducing Simple Fractions, Part 1
- Lesson 28: Introducing Simple Fractions, Part 2
- Lesson 29: Introduction to Subtraction
- Lesson 30: Subtraction -1
- Lesson 31: Review of Shapes
- Lesson 32: Review of Place Value — Numbers to 100
- Lesson 33: Review of Addition
- Lesson 34: Review of Skip Counting 2’s and 5’s
- Lesson 35: Review of Skip Counting 10’s & Tally Marks
- Lesson 36: Review of Numbers to 100
- Manipulative Section
- Appendix – Bean Sprouting Project Instructions
|Weight (in lbs)||0.00|
|Title||Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 1 (Download)|
|Series||Math Lessons for a Living Education|
|Volume in Series||1|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|