Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 4 (Download)
For Ages 8-10
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 4 brings concepts to life through a Charlotte Mason flavor of engaging stories, hands-on experience, and practical application. Your fourth grade-level student will learn fractions, metric units of measurement, basic geometry, and averaging. The lessons are gentle, yet thorough offering mastery alongside the love of learning. They can be completed in 30 minutes and scheduled 5 days a week over 36 weeks. Teacher’s instruction is included in the text.
* Disclaimer: We have received reports that when viewing this PDF in a web browser that sometimes the browser does not render the font correctly and there will be missing letters in words which make you think there are several misspellings. We highly recommend viewing this PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader which is a free download. This will solve the problem caused by the web browser.
Math Students Love
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 4 teaches math concepts through engaging, real-life stories and practical application. In Level 4, a summer spent in Peru has meant a lot of changes for Charlie, Charlotte, and their growing family! Your student joins them as they see new sights on a family trip, explore the role math plays in their adventures, develop important character traits, apply critical thinking skills, and discover how mathematical concepts interact with the world around them.
Math Lessons for a Living Education teaches through:
- Short, story based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full-color worksheets
Students learn best and retain more when they are engaged in the material and actively applying concepts to everyday life—Math Lessons for a Living Education engages your student through exciting stories and teaches them how to apply mathematical concepts through everyday life situations—allowing your student to learn smarter instead of harder!
Real Life, Real Math
Math is a living subject that happens all over everyday life! In Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 4 students learn math concepts such as fractions, metric units of measurement, basic geometry, and averaging through exciting, real-world stories and application.
A Unique Approach to Learning
A blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience brings the concepts to life, invites the student to explore the world around them, and gives this math course a Charlotte Mason flavor.
In Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 4 your student will learn:
- New Fraction Concepts
- Multiplication with Carrying using 11’s & 12’s
- Division with Remainders
- and so much more!
* A Math Lessons Readiness Test is available to help you determine if this level is best for your student. You will find it as a downloadable PDF on this page under the product image.
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 4 Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Short, engaging 15-30 minute lessons
- Full-color worksheets
- Answer key
- Manipulatives section
- Instructional blend of stories, copy work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 4 / 8 – 10 years old
- Teacher's guidance is offered throughout the workbook
Table of Contents
- Using this Course
- Lesson 1: Review of All Addition and Subtraction Concepts
- Lesson 2: Review of Place Value, Estimation, and Rounding
- Lesson 3: Review of All Multiplication
- Lesson 4: Review of All Division
- Lesson 5: Review of All Fractions and Measurement
- Lesson 6: Review of All Roman Numerals and Shapes
- Lesson 7: New: Fraction Concepts (adding and subtracting like denominators)
- Lesson 8: New: Multiplication with Carrying Using 11’s and 12’s
- Lesson 9: New: Measurement and Geometric Concepts
- Lesson 10: Review of All New Concepts
- Lesson 11: Steps of Division (single digit divisor, no remainder)
- Lesson 12: Number Grouping - Understanding Larger Multiplication
- Lesson 13: More About Division - Including Checking Division
- Lesson 14: Division with a Remainder (single digit divisor)
- Lesson 15: Metric Units of Measure
- Lesson 16: Review of All New Concepts
- Lesson 17: Introducing Mixed Numbers (adding and subtracting with like denominators)
- Lesson 18: Introducing Equivalent Fractions through Pictures
- Lesson 19: More About Equivalent Fractions
- Lesson 20: Larger Number Multiplication with Carrying
- Lesson 21: Review of All New Concepts
- Lesson 22: Writing Decimals and Fractions
- Lesson 23: Money Work with Decimals and Fractions
- Lesson 24: Relationship Between Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Lesson 25: Geometry
- Lesson 26: More Geometry
- Lesson 27: Review of All New Concepts
- Lesson 28: Work with Charts and Graphs
- Lesson 29: Constructing Charts and Graphs
- Lesson 30: Introducing Averaging
- Lesson 31: Review of All Addition and Subtraction
- Lesson 32: Review of All Division and Multiplication
- Lesson 33: Review of All Geometry
- Lesson 34: Review of All Measurement
- Lesson 35: Review of All Fractional Concepts
- Lesson 36: Review of All Decimal Concepts
- Manipulative Section
- Solutions Manual