Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 6 (Set)
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 creates an exciting, enjoyable environment as your student learns math! Through engaging, real-life stories, this Charlotte Mason flavored math guides your student as they explore mathematical concepts and apply them to real-life situations—and because your student is relating newfound math knowledge to everyday life, they’ll retain it too!
In Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6, your student will learn decimals, percentages, fractions, geometry, maps, graphs, equations, charts, and more!
Students learn math best and retain more when they are engaged in the material and actively applying concepts to everyday life. Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 engages your student through exciting stories and teaches them how to apply mathematical concepts through everyday life situations—allowing your student to learn smarter instead of harder!
Math Lessons for a Living Education teaches through:
- Short, story based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full-color worksheets
Real Life, Real Math
Math is an exciting subject happening all over everyday life! Math Lessons for a Living Education utilizes an engaging, story based approach to put math into context for your student---ensuring your student learns both how to do math, and how to apply it to life beyond the textbook.
A Unique Approach to Learning
A blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience brings the concepts to life, invites the student to explore the world around them, and gives this course a Charlotte Mason flavor.
In Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 your student will learn:
- and so much more!
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 Student Includes:
- Short, engaging 15-30 minute lessons
- Full-color worksheets
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 Teacher Guide Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Solutions Manual
- Multiplication Grid
- 1st Chapter of Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Student & Teacher Guide
- Instructional blend of stories, copy work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 6 / 10 – 12 years old
Table of Contents
- How to Use This Book
- Lesson 1: Working with Whole Numbers
- Lesson 2: Whole Numbers in the Real World
- Lesson 3: Averaging, Rounding, and Roman Numerals
- Lesson 4: Fractions
- Lesson 5: Working with Factors
- Lesson 6: More about Fractions — Mixed numbers
- Lesson 7: Using Factors and Multiples in Operations
- Lesson 8: Review of Fraction Concepts
- Lesson 9: Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Lesson 10: Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 11: Comprehensive Review of all Advanced Fractional Concepts
- Lesson 12: Decimal Basics
- Lesson 13: More Work with Decimals
- Lesson 14: Using Decimals in the Real World
- Lesson 15: Percents
- Lesson 16: Using Decimals and Percents in the Real World — Savvy Shopping
- Lesson 17: Comprehensive Review of Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Lesson 18: Geometry
- Lesson 19: Maps!...Just Follow the Lines!
- Lesson 20: Graphs and Charts
- Lesson 21: Units of Measure
- Lesson 22: Additional Topics
- Manipulative Section
- Measuring Circles
- 3 Types of Percentage Problems
- Large Number Place Value and Decimal Place Value Writing Mat
- Geometry Chart
- Measurement Chart: English
- Measurement Chart: Metric
- Multiplication Grid
- Fraction Chart
- Decimal and Percents Chart