The New Weather Book (Download)
Calama, Chile in the Atacama Desert is one of the driest places on Earth and didn't have a drop of rain from 1570 until 1971. That’s over 400 years without rain!
- Find out how forecasting is done, what “engine” drives weather on Earth, and why
- Discover the importance and patterns of the jet stream, the global water cycle, and why water runoff is essential to the food chain
- Learn the classifications of clouds, what causes ball lightning, the life cycle of thunderstorms, and amazing weather facts!
A fresh and compelling look at wild and awesome examples of weather in this revised and updated book in the Wonders of Creation series!
- Did you know the hottest temperature ever recorded was 134° F (56.7° C) on July 10, 1913 in Death Valley, California?
- The highest recorded surface wind speed was in the May 3, 1999, Oklahoma tornado, measured at 302 mph (486 kph)!
- The most snow to fall in a one-year period is 102 feet (3,150 cm) at Mount Rainier, Washington, from February 19, 1971 to February 18, 1972!
From the practical to the pretty amazing, this book gives essential details into understanding what weather is, how it works, and how other forces that impact on it. Learn why storm chasers and hurricane hunters do what they do and how they are helping to solve storm connected mysteries. Discover what makes winter storms both beautiful and deadly, as well as what is behind weather phenomena like St. Elmo’s Fire.
Find important information on climate history and answers to the modern questions of supposed climate change. Get safety tips for preventing dangerous weather related injuries like those from lightning strikes, uncover why thunderstorms form, as well as what we know about the mechanics of a tornado and other extreme weather examples like flash floods, hurricanes and more. A fresh and compelling look at wild and awesome examples of weather in this revised and updated book in the Wonders of Creation series!
|Weight (in lbs)||0.00|
|Title||The New Weather Book|
|Series||Wonders of Creation|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|