Teach Them Diligently
How many generations does it take to lose the culture?
According to the Bible — it only takes one.
In her first book, author Leslie Nunnery shines a much-needed light on the struggle many parents are having to pass on a godly legacy to their children. She gets right to a fundamental weakness of Christian parenting in this post-modern era: we have forgotten the importance and the privilege of parenting children today. Nunnery offers highlights from the cautionary tale of the Israelites' poor parenting to illuminate what is happening today in many Christian homes: though God has given us the tools to teach our children, we often fail to use them.
— Heidi St. John
It’s easy to say we trust Christ for everything, but are we living that truth? We’ve been given clear instruction in a powerful promise for parents. God tells us in Deuteronomy to “teach our children diligently.” This passage and many others give us great insight as to how to do that and enjoy the promised blessing that always accompanies the mandates we are given.
- Learn the practical view of discipleship parenting, what God expects from parents, and how to put these truths into action
- See how parenting with the vision of teaching them diligently will intentionally bear fruit and affect change in your own life as well
- Move beyond giving lip-service to what you believe, and make the conscious choice to rely on the wisdom of God’s holy instruction for your life and parenting.
So, why are we as Christian parents still uncertain? Why do we live in fear? Why are we losing our children in record numbers? What can we do about it?
Table of Contents
- 1. Parenting: God’s Great Mystery?
- 2. The Privilege of the Position
- 3. Preparing the Parent
- 4. Heart Check: The Fear of the Lord
- 5. Action Time: Keep His Statutes and Commandments
- 6. Teach Them Diligently: Discipleship-Focused Parenting in Action
- 7. Train Them Up
- 8. The Importance of Our Conversations
- 9. Telling Your Story
- 10. What Are We Going For? How Do We Get There?
- 11. Sometimes “Teach Them Diligently” Gets Very Personal
- 12. How Can We Tell It’s Working?
- 13. What Does Discipleship-Focused Parenting NOT Look Like?
- 14. Raising Children of Promise
- 15. A List of Practical Ideas for Discipleship
- About the Author
I love Leslie's focus on discipleship-based parenting and her heart to help parents. As parents, we must first be what we want our children to become, and she nails that. If you are looking for a discipleship-based parenting book, you've found a great one.
Leslie Nunnery is the real-deal — she loves the Lord; she enjoys a God-glorifying life with her husband and children, and she finds direction through prayer — leading others from her knees
Grab a cup of coffee, take a deep, relaxing breath, and get ready to be blessed by this inspiring new book.
Put Leslie's superb book in your arsenal of parenting weapons as you take up the noble charge of raising the next generation of kingdom-building saints!
|Weight (in lbs)||0.50|
|Title||Teach Them Diligently|
|Subtitle||Raising Children of Promise|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||5 1/2 x 8 1/2|