The Created Cosmos
The Scriptures contain an incredible wealth of knowledge in what they communicate about the science of astronomy. Even more significantly, because the Scriptures are the inerrant word of God, what the Bible conveys to us about astronomy is of unparalleled importance in shaping our thinking on the subject. The Created Cosmos is an intensely detailed examination of the scriptural outlook on the cosmos, constructing an integrated understanding of what the Bible plainly teaches about astronomy, and answering complex questions about astronomy from the standpoint of a biblical worldview.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Astronomical Concepts in the Bible: What Scripture Plainly Teaches about Astronomy
- 1. Biblical Theology and the Study of Astronomy
- 2. Biblical Teachings about the Heavens and the Earth
- 3. Biblical Teachings about the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars
- 4. Biblical Teachings about the Purpose of the Heavenly Bodies
- 5. Biblical Teachings about and Warnings against Astrology
- Part 2: Astronomical Anomalies in the Bible: What Scripture Says about Unusual Astronomical Events
- 6. The Unusual Days of Joshua and Hezekiah
- 7. The “Christmas Star” of Matthew 2
- 8. Astronomical Aspects of Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday
- 9. Astronomical Aspects of Prophetic Literature and the End Times
- Part 3: Astronomical Questions and the Bible: How Scripture Confronts Recent Questions about Astronomy
- 10. Does the Bible Teach the Year Was Once 360 Days Long?
- 11. Does the Bible Refute the Light-Travel-Time Problem?
- 12. Does the Bible Address the Idea of Extraterrestrial Life?
- Part 4: Astronomy and Distortions of the Bible: Misconceptions of What Scripture Teaches about Astronomy
- 13. The Errors of Flat-Earth Cosmology and Geocentrism
- 14. The Gospel in the Stars: Introduction and Alleged Basis
- 15. The Gospel in the Stars: Assumptions and Some Difficulties
- 16. The Gospel in the Stars: Additional Problems and Conclusions
- Subject Index
- Scripture Index
|Weight (in lbs)||1.40|
|Title||The Created Cosmos|
|Subtitle||What the Bible Reveals about Astronomy|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||6 x 9|