Wonders of the Human Body Vol. 2
The Wonders of the Human Body Series Volume Two continues to examine the systems of the body revealing both how they have been designed by the Master Creator and how they function. Master Books includes this as the student text in Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology Volume Two, a homeschool science curriculum for high school students. Beautiful full-color images bring to life the study of the digestive system, metabolism, the reproductive system, and special systems which include the blood, lymphatic, immune, urinary, endocrine, and integumentary systems.
High school students discover more of God’s awe-inspiring work in the Wonders of the Human Body Volume 2. Drs. Tommy and Elizabeth Mitchell, both Vanderbilt educated medical doctors, creationists, and homeschoolers, wrote this series together to reveal the wonder of God and the authority of His written word.
Wonders of the Human Body Volume 2 uses engaging text and beautiful images to help high school students explore the digestive system, metabolism, the reproductive system, and special systems which include the blood, lymphatic, immune, urinary, endocrine, and integumentary systems. Students will discover the problems that occur when our bodies are damaged by disease or injury.
- Identify dietary needs
- Investigate the properties of amino acids
- Explore the anatomy of the stomach
- Discover the process of digestion
- Learn about nutrition and metabolism
- Understand the basic genetics of the human body
- Distinguish the male and female reproductive systems
- Discover the function of blood
- Understand the purpose of the immune system
Master Books includes the Wonders of the Human Body Volume 2 as the student text in Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology Volume Two, a homeschool science curriculum for high school students.
Table of Contents
- Unit 1: Digestive System and Metabolism
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Overview of the Digestive System
- 3. Anatomy of the Digestive System
- 4. Nutrition and Metabolism
- 5. A Lesson from Genesis
- Unit 2: The Reproductive System
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The Genetic Blueprint for the Body
- 3. The Human Reproductive System
- 4. Organogenesis
- 5. The Life of the Fetus
- 6. When Did I Begin to Be Me?
- Unit 3: Special Systems
- 1. Blood
- 2. Lymphatic System
- 3. Immune System
- 4. Urinary System
- 5. The Endocrine System
- 6. The Integumentary System
- 7. History and the Human Body
- About the Authors